Medical Injection Mold Design & Fabrication
With advanced on-site mold-design and fabrication capabilities, Vention Medical offers customers a significant advantage in medical device production: control. Because this is a critical step of the process, we fully manage and oversee every detail on our customers' behalf.
The complete control of this phase of manufacturing gives us the ability to create molds of the highest quality molds that meet and exceed even the most challenging customer and industry requirements and expectations.
With a dedicated facility and team of highly skilled and experienced craftsmen, the MedTech team of Vention Medical delivers superior quality molds to our customers' precise specifications every time.
- Mold design
- Class 101 and 102 tools
- Full service shop to handle revisions and repairs
- In house sampling
- Guaranteed work with long term warranty
- Hot runner
- Auto-self degating robotic extraction
- Unscrewing molds
- Insert moldings
- 2-shot molding
- Two Shot Molding: a cost-effective method of producing custom plastic components with two colors or material combinations simultaneously. Two-shot or multi-shot molds are designed to "overmold" within a single molding cycle and must be processed on specialized injection moldingmachines with two units. The first part of the cycle injects the rigid substrate of the component, then the mold rotates in the press 180 degrees, and the second injection (usually of a thermoplastic elastomer) occurs.
- Insert Molding on Vertical Presses: vertical injection molding machines with rotary platens that allow for complex arrays of inserts to be insert molded. Inserts can be needles/cannula, wires, trocar blades, cables, tubing catheters, etc.